Lawful reason for processing:
The right to be informed:
We may carry out checks and pass your details to others in the case of:
- Identity checks
- Sanction checks
- Information exchanges with the Police
- Working with fraud prevention agencies and registers
- Obtaining information from other public and private sources and credit searches with credit reference agencies (these may appear on your credit report whether or not cover is arranged)
The right to access:
Your Data can also be provided to you either:
- As a series of PDF documents – these will be emailed to you at the email address that we hold in our records.
- If you do not have access to the necessary computing power to receive documents in this way, we can supply your file in paper format.
- We will provide this information to you within 30 days of receipt of your request and you are entitled to receive this information free of charge.
PLEASE NOTE: We have the right to refuse or charge for requests that are manifestly unfounded or excessive. If we take this course of action, we will write to you to inform you of our reasons why. If this should occur and you are unhappy with our decision you may complain to the Information Commissioner as detailed at the end of this notice. You also have full redress available to you through the court system.
The right to rectification:
The right to erasure:
The right to restrict processing:
The right to data portability:
The right to object:
What information do we collect?
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, website navigation);
- information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters;
- any other information that you choose to send to us;
Using your personal information:
- administer the website;
- keep the website secure and prevent fraud;
- improve your browsing experience by personalizing the website;
- enable your use of the services available on the website;
- send you goods purchased via the website, and supply to you, services purchased via the website;
- send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
- send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website;
- We will not, without your express consent, provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
- Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
- verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of the website (including monitoring private messages sent through our website private messaging service);
- send you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you, by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (and you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- For the purpose of international data transfers
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Security of your personal information:
- We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
- We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers.
- All electronic transactions entered into via the website will be protected by encryption technology.
- You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
- You are responsible for keeping your password and other login details confidential. We will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to the website).
- A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
- We use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies on the website. Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
- We will use the session cookies to: keep track of you whilst you navigate the website; keep track of items in your shopping basket; prevent fraud and increase website security. We will use the persistent cookies to: enable our website to recognize you when you visit; keep track of your preferences in relation to your use of our website.